Monday 14 July 2014

The Blind Photographer

I'm sure everyone has a device that captures images whether its a DSLR or Compact camera or even an iPhone, so here's a fun little experiment for you all to try!

Back in my first year at university, our lecturers set us a task, to go out for a walk with your camera and to tape up the back of the camera/viewfinder,
it is important you can not see what the camera is seeing
then to look around and take pictures of whatever catches your eye, make a few notes of what you were trying to capture with your camera and how you think they will turn out.

Then upload the pictures to your computer and make a comparison with the notes and the pictures.

Here are the pictures I captured all those years ago!



Note: I was trying to capture the leading lines with the trees in the background, I'm relatively please with this image however I would have liked to have moved the camera slightly to the right to get both lines in the picture.
   


I saw the wind was blowing the leaves next to the stairs so I tried to capture it, but I was too close and only captured the top 2 stairs.
I would have stepped back to get the whole of the steps in the picture.


I was trying to capture the gate, with the gate in sharp focus and the background blurred, I'm relatively happy with the picture as I did capture the gate in sharp focus and the background is blurred, but I would have preferred to have zoomed out more to get the whole of the gate in the shot.



In this image I was trying to capture the sign "Castle View" with the sky in the background, I was trying to capture the sign diagonally with the sky in the background. 



I was trying to capture a similar picture to the top image, with the leading lines in the foreground and the trees in the background, I would have taken this from a lower angle and included the tops of the trees.




I'm really pleased with this image, I wanted to capture the lock in sharp focus and the left hand side out of focus. I'm really pleased with this picture.

That's my results from the experiment,

I'd love to see what you guys capture!

Share your pictures in the comment section below!













No comments:

Post a Comment