Thursday 14 January 2016

Sunset in Poole Harbour

For the last few weeks now, I've been inspired to push myself into making more videos. Everyday this week we've had beautiful sunsets in Poole Harbour and everyday I've been too busy to go down and capture some picture.

Today I said to myself I was going to do it!

I did some research and saw that Sunset was estimated at 16:17, thanks BBC Weather! At 15:30 I hopped on my bike and cycled down to the harbour to find a good spot; I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted to capture. I've been fascinated with time lapses videos lately, probably because I've been watching too many of Casey Neistat's vlogs, seriously I'm addicted!

I decided to visit one of my favourite spots in the harbour where I know there is a good place for interesting compositions; as I was riding down I noticed the clouds were starting to group on the horizon but due to the strong winds they were moving quite fast in the sky, I thought this would make a great time lapse video so I quickly set up my tripod and camera and started recording.
I was there for about half an hour capturing a few pictures and some video, I wish I had more than 1 camera and tripod set up because there were so many beautiful colours in the sky I wish I could have captured them by my main camera was busy recording the time lapse.

As time went by the temperature started to decrease mixed with the strong winds it was horrible but I struggled on because I had come down with the intention of getting some pictures and video and if I was going to suffer for my art it had to be worth it!

Here is the finished time lapse video from Sunset!










No comments:

Post a Comment