Friday 8 August 2014

The Girl in the Pink Coat

So I wrote this blog post up last night and I guess I was just so tired that I forgot to schedule it for next week and accidentally posted it; don't worry, I'll have another blog post for you next week!


This is a project I created at the beginning of my first year of university, we were given the brief that we had to create a series of images of the same subject and within the series we had to be creative and use a variety of camera angles and depict our technical skills.

I asked my friend, Priya if she would model for the project and she agreed, as I was new to Leicester I did not really know what there was to shoot, so I went scouting around the university and walked up towards the shopping centre. There was a walkway on the way and both walls were covered in mirrors, I thought this would be a good starting point for the series.


Reflections



Panning


Fast Shutter Speed


Slow Shutter Speed


Large Depth of Field


High Angle and Frame within a frame


Shallow Depth of Field


This was a really fun and interesting experience, it was my first time shooting with the same model the whole way through the project; the model was very fun to work with and took direction very easily, which made my job easier too. 

It is always good when you and your subject can work together with the same image in mind, this way you produce better images with both of you working towards the same goal.


If you would like to see more of my work, head on over to my blog at

You can also check out my Youtube Channel where I'm currently producing a series of informative videos about photography for beginners!

You can check this out at Here












No comments:

Post a Comment