Friday 20 February 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

Well I guess it is that time of the year again, when flower and chocolate sales rise and love is in the air!

As you may know I've been battling the sinus infection that keeps on giving, ever since Shanice and I returned from Barcelona. And then just last week, I don't know what happened but I came down with a nasty cold/fever; I was really upset because I'd been cooking up some plans that I thought were going to knock her socks off, but now it was looking like I wouldn't be able to make those plans happen!

So anyway, the day before Valentine's Day, Shanice was coming up on the train but I was so sick I had to carry myself out of bed and run down the shops to pick up her flowers, I thought if my Plan A was out of the window I was gonna make my Plan B kick ass!

As soon as she arrived, (I know it sounds corny but) I immediately started to feel much better, she was such an angel over the weekend, she was so attentive and made sure I had everything I needed; drinks, food and tissues for my runny nose.

I must say, despite being flu-ey or whatever it was, it was by far the best Valentine's Day I've ever had, so as a way to say thank you I wanted to show my girlfriend just how much she means to me, so I mustered up the energy to put a shirt and tie on and set up the lights in the studio for a quick portrait session.

I think this was the cherry on the top for a perfect Valentine's Day, this was the third Valentine's we were spending together, and I feel this picture really portrays the feelings of love we share for each other and as a bonus, she loved the picture too!



I really enjoy photographing couple portrait sessions like this, even though I was using my remote for this one which makes it slightly harder to pose, I think the came out really well!

 Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed reading about the story behind the picture and I'll be posting more very very soon!

Did you take pictures for your Valentine's Day?
Why don't you share them in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment