Thursday 2 July 2015

Looking back over the last 6 months


I can't believe it's already July! 

It feels like just last week I was celebrating the new year with my girlfriend and my family and looking forward to our first holiday together to Barcelona! 

Really, where has the time gone?

I feel like 2015 has already given us all so many beautiful memories and I want to share some of them with you.

So we kicked off the year in Bournemouth this year, watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes, (incase you haven't seen it - I won't spoil it for you, but seriously it is amazing and a must see film!) Two days later we flew out to Barcelona for a few days, that was a wonderful experience, with so many new beautiful sites and many lessons learnt, like never visit the beach in the middle of winter in shorts and a tshirt! (Lesson learnt!) It also gave us a chance to experience new cultures and push our knowledge further, we had been practicing our spanish for weeks before and finally put it to good use! Unfortunately, since we've retuned we've forgotten most of it... well que sera sera! 


After Barcelona, it was back to Bournemouth for a few days before flying out to Mombasa with my family to visit my grandmother and aunties. Last year I brought my camera almost as if I was scoping for locations; this year I came with the intent to make some beautiful images of my family, the friends I made in this trip and friends I had made previously and of course the beautiful landscapes!

This is one of my favourite pictures that I captured from Mombasa - to read more about my trip to Mombasa you can head over to my previous blogposts http://jamilteja.blogspot.com/2015/03/day-1-we-arrived-in-mombasa.html

After Mombasa, my birthday came around and my amazing girlfriend planned not one but two surprise parties for me! It was truly overwhelming to see many of my friends coming together to celebrate my birthday and these are some memories that will always have a special place in my heart!


With April, came the beginning of Wedding Season and I shot my first wedding as the lead photographer, it was both a scary and exciting experience in which I learned so much, luckily the bride and groom were really relaxed on the day it made my job much much easier while capturing their beautiful day!

Towards the end of April my cousin, her husband and her beautiful daughter and my uncle came to visit us from the States, we had so much fun showing them around Bournemouth and then London, taking them site seeing, showing them some of the beautiful wonders of London like the Eye, Big Ben and all the other touristy things you have to do when you visit London for the first time!


The day after they flew out I had surgery on my left eye (don't worry - I use my right eye to look through the viewfinder!) the surgery was successful but it left with blurry vision so I was unable to edit the mountain of pictures from both the wedding and the family pictures for a few weeks, thank God that I had a speedy recovery and was able to get the pictures for the wedding sorted out quickly and my clients love them!

After delivering the images to my client at the beginning of June, I rushed up to Leicester to photograph a Surprise Birthday Party for an old family friend. I've been up to Leicester now and then, it always feels like my home away from home because of the wonderful three years I spent there for university. It  was really weird to see everyone and how they had all changed. The Birthday party was a complete success and I captured some beautiful moments for the family to always remember.


Literally two days after I returned to Bournemouth I received another inquiry to meet with some clients about their wedding in mid June which didn't give me much time to prepare but I was definitely up for the job! I met with the couple and they were both very friendly and really relaxed (qualities I look for in my clients!) and when their special day came round everything went smoothly and we worked together to create some beautiful pictures!


The bride is from Venezuela and her parents are returning to their home in the next few days, so as a little surprise I've put together a small album filled with pictures of them and their daughter and son-in-law from the big day, (but shhhhhhhhhh you have to keep it a secret!)

And that leads us up to the start of July, as soon as I deliver the pictures to the client I will have to start getting ready for the next few projects I'm working on, I'll be second shooting another wedding in a few weeks which will be an amazing experience and I can't wait to learn more from the lead photographer, doing some more product photography and maybe a little bit of video and hopefully designing some big albums for Luke and Hannah!

I hope the next six months will be as good as the beginning of 2015, I'm off to Wireless festival with my girlfriend at the weekend and I'm really looking forward to it, i think I need it after the hard work I've done over the past months!

Until next time, you can check out my blog at www.JamilTeja.blogspot.co.uk and my facebook page at www.facebook.com/JamilTeja


No comments:

Post a Comment