Tuesday 29 September 2015

See you next time Super Blood Moon

As you are probably aware, we experienced a Super Blood Moon last night, well technically it started this morning at 3 am. We were really lucky to have clear skies however this made it really cold so I didn't want to travel far from home, especially at 3 in the morning.

Astronomy is a subject that I've always been interested in and passionate about and I would love to visit the moon one day; until then all I can do is stare up at the sky, and when something interesting catches my eye; to get my camera out and point it towards space and see what I can capture.

I stayed up all night, on the phone with my girlfriend, Shanice, talking about all the superstitions that are linked to the BloodMoon and joking about werewolves and aliens.

I set up my camera and tripod, I was using my 70-300 and dialled in my settings; I was shooting between f5.6-f8, between 1/400 to 1.6 seconds when the Super Blood Moon appeared as there was less light and so my sensor had to remain exposed for longer to let more light in.

Here is my favourite image that I captured this morning.


Thank you for reading, I hope you have found this interesting and feel free to read more from my blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment