Friday 23 May 2014

The De Montfort University Alzheimer's Fundraiser Ball 2013

I was asked by my good friend Anum to photograph an event De Montfort University was holding to help fundraise for the Alzheimer's Society, the event dubbed the Alzheimer's Christmas Ball was held just before the end of term. The venue was the Graduate Bar on Campus which the team organising the event had decorated with tinsel and streamers and even a Christmas tree!
The event was organised by the Biomedical Students and was marketed at all students attending De Montfort University.

I was excited about photographing the Christmas Ball, having photographed previous De Montfort University Balls I had my expectations about the event, and this only raised the level of excitement I was feeling. As it was a ball and thinking everyone would be dressed smartly I decided to suit up. 

When I arrived for the event I was amazed to see how well the team had organised the event and how well the bar was decorated, I knew it would be minimalistic as the aim of the event was to raise awareness of the degenerative and incurable brain disease and also to raise money for sufferers of the disease. 























No comments:

Post a Comment